> To INCOMING EXCHANGE students from our partner univesities as well as to German students of Pforzheim University
++Due to the Coronavirus situation Pforzheim University’s Business School switched to online courses
- as one of the first schools in Germany’s Southwest++
++ 97% of the current business courses taught in English for our bachelor level
incoming exchange and domestic students are available online ++
“I spent 4 months on the ISP and had the best time of my life. There are a great range of classes to choose from. I made lots of new friends and great memories that will last a lifetime. As well as that all the students, professors and staff of the college are very friendly and accommodating. The door of the International Study Program office is always open, they are happy to help you as much as they can whenever you need. There are lots of great day-trips and parties organised too. The college also has a nice location and campus looking out over Pforzheim city. Ich liebe Pforzheim Universität!”
Are you looking for a real international experience for your study abroad semester,
from a program which enjoys great evaluations for many years?
Welcome to the International Study Program (ISP) at Pforzheim University!
- The ISP offers 60+ business courses taught in English* to exchange students from our partner universities as well as to our domestic students
- As a result, you as an exchange student will quickly become a vital part of our university life.
- With 200 to 250 incoming students every year from over 30 countries around the world, we offer you an exciting and inspiring semester abroad with new impressions, lively discussions and rich interaction at a highly reputable business school.
- Our Business School provides the ISP core. Courses from the Department of Industrial Engineering, which is part of the School of Engineering, increasingly extend the comprehensive ISP program.
- ISP also cooperates with our student initiatives to offer organized visits.
- Furthermore, ISP provides field trips to German & European firms/institutions.
*Are you already fluent in German?! - Welcome to our well over 200 business courses offered in the German language within our business and industrial engineering bachelor study programs.
Kyle, USA, 1-semester exchange
“Pforzheim and the ISP exposed me to diverse and rich culture from all over the world. The friends and memories I made during my study abroad experience will truly never be forgotten. My classes introduced me to experienced professors, and a diverse range of courses to choose from. Choosing to come to Pforzheim was a life changing decision that I will never forget, and hope to visit again.”
“I feel very honored to have experienced Pforzheim University‘s learning environment. The open atmosphere, the multi-cooperative model of studying and the warm help of the professors have really made me grow in the past months. I am in love with the university and the city. My semester in Pforzheim will always be a great memory and have a great impact on my future studies!”
Good reasons to choose Pforzheim University’s International Study Program for your study abroad semester
Many internationally renowned companies such as Daimler, Porsche, Bosch, SAP as well as powerful small and medium-sized enterprises have their headquarters in this southern German region.
Our commitment to quality and continuous improvement was confirmed when we received the initial accreditation of AACSB International in July 2011. In May 2017 we have again received this distinguished hallmark of excellence in management education. Less than 5% of business schools worldwide are AACSB accredited, in Germany only 11 universities out of about 200 with business programs.
The excellent educational standards and methods, good study amenities and our focus on the job market have been very successful. This has been repeatedly demonstrated through various rankings and ratings, e.g:
- 2019 Amongst the country’s best three for twelve consecutive years in the “Wirtschaftswoche”, Germany’s leading business magazine.
- 2019 Global Top 25 performer in the cate- gory “International Orientation of Degree Pro- grammes” in the European Commission’s "U-Multirank"
- 2018: Top group in the “CHE University Ranking”
- 2017 “Hidden gem” in the European Commission’s “U-Multirank Ranking on Applied Knowledge Partnerships”
With 3000 students and 95 full-time professors, the Business School is among the largest business schools in Germany.
As a result, every semester you will have access to well over 60 classes in Business Administration and Economics, entirely taught in English.
These course offerings are completed by contextual studies such as »The History of Post-War-Germany« and »The History of German Art«.
As a university with an applied mandate, we deliver business competence, not just theory. Our professors do not only hold Doctoral, or Master degrees – they have worked for at least three years in the industry. Our teaching is based on research as well as on professional experience.
Our Institute of Foreign Languages offers a wide range of courses in German as a foreign language, from beginners to advanced classes (CEFR A1 - C1)
These courses are fully integrated into the ISP timetable and subsequently don’t clash with any English taught business class you’ll take.
All courses will be free of charge for you!
1-year exchange (study semester + internship semester) “To study abroad at the ISP was one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life. It was the perfect fit between studying at a competitive university and also have all the support I needed for my next plan: to do an internship in one of Germany’s top companies. At the end I spend one semester at the Hochschule as a regular student and a second semester as an intern at Bosch.”
Exchange Scenarios & Prerequisites
ISP Exchange Scenarios
International students coming to Pforzheim University Business School do have the following options for designing their study abroad period - based on agreement of their home universities:
1) For your orientation: CEFR B1 in the German language is the level which is necessary to
acquire the German citizenship
2) Please note, that students will apply for their internship semester in Germany by themselves
* Field trip to Berlin – offered every summer semester in mid-July: 4 days, historical & political
focus, highly sponsored (75 to 95 EUR participation fee only! - Status September 2019)
Exchange students should have the necessary command of either the English or the German language in order to follow lectures in the respective language (depending on the language of instruction for the courses they wish to attend).
- To attend courses taught in English, students are expected to have earned TOEFL results of more than 87 (TOEFLiBT) or equivalent results in a comparable test.
- To attend business courses taught in German, students are expected to have mastered Level B2 according to the Common European Reference Framework (CEFR).
- Exchange students should have successfully completed at least one full year of study in Accounting, Business Administration or Economics at their home university.
- All incoming students are expected to have passed
- Analysis / Calculus, and
- Introductory Statistics
- In addition, exchange students enrolling in one of our specialization offerings
should be familiar with Introductory Microeconomics and Introductory
- To enroll in the specializations in International Business or Marketing, students must have familiarity with Management Accounting / Cost Accounting on an introductory level.
- Students enrolling in the specializations in International Business should have an understanding of Fundamentals of Corporate Finance.
- Furthermore, students are kindly asked to carefully check the specific prerequisites for individual courses as indicated in the course descriptions/syllabi.
Tata, Georgia, 1-semester exchange
“People always ask me why I chose ISP: Studying at Pforzheim Business School was not just attending classes and writing exams. This school offered me much more. Our classes were so interesting that I didn’t miss any of them. I attended various field trips, games, cultural activities, that were organized by university. Today I have friends from half of the world and my year at Pforzheim University had a huge effect on my career.”
Julia, Australia, 1-semester exchange
“Hochschule Pforzheim is a fun and diverse place to study and meet new friends from all over the world. I have enjoyed adapting to a new, German culture including beer, brezels and curry wurst. Pforzheim is full of hidden gems which are perfect to relax in on a sunny afternoon with friends. HS PF has been very welcoming and flexible with the needs of the international students. I loved all of the ‘meet and greet’ type events at the beginning of the semester which helped us meet new people from both Germany and other countries. The ISP and Gemini excursions had been fantastic as well.”
ISP offers two non-degree certificates
The “Certificate International Management” issued to students who successfully complete courses with a total workload of 30 ECTS credits.
The “Diploma International Management” for students earning 60 ECTS credits within two semesters.
Students may achieve the required number of credits
- by successfully passing courses with a total workload of 60 ECTS credits, or
- by combining successfully completed courses with a total workload of 30 ECTS credits from the first semester of study, with an one-semester internship completed in the second semester.