The Pforzheim University dates back to 1877 when the School of Design was founded. The Business School, established in 1963, merged with the School of Design and the newly created School of Engineering in 1992 to form Pforzheim University of Applied Sciences.
The three schools offer a large number of bachelor and master degree programs, all of which emphasize interdisciplinary thinking and cooperation among faculty, economists, lawyers, engineers, designers and experts from various sectors. Our institution is characterized by the high academic qualifications and practical experiences of our lecturers and staff, who intensively guide our students right from the start of their studies.
With 6,300 students the University is the third largest University of Applied Sciences in the State of Baden-Württemberg - and one of the biggest in Germany.