Welcome to the study programme Digital Enterprise Management (B.Sc.)
Here you will find some information about the start of your your studies at the Faculty of Business and Law at Pforzheim University
The following mandatory courses take place before the regular lecture period.
The mandatory events are shown in bold type.
- 03.09.2018 at 09:00 o'clock: welcome for the international students who have no German language skills please come to the W2.2.03. All other students are also welcome.
- 19.09.2018, you are cordially invited to be welcomed by the Dean of the Faculty of Business and Law, Prof. Dr. Cleff, in the Audimax of the University of Pforzheim.
- 25.09.2018 at 13:00 o'clock: Students who already have German language skills, please come to room W2.2.23. The secretary of the study programme, Mrs. Schlosser, who will take the obligatory (written) German placement test with you, will meet you there. This test decides with which level you have to continue the German as a foreign language courses in the WS onwards. This placement test takes max. 30 minutes.
- 25.09.2018 16:00- ca. 18.00 o'clock: The introduction to the examination and study regulations will take place. Please come to room W1.5.05
- 28.09.2018 from 08.30 to 18.00 o'clock: The obligatory business simulation game will take place. This is part of the SIC1030 module and takes place in rooms W2.2.01/ W3.2.03.
- 02.10.2018 from 13:45 o'clock all DEM students will be welcomed together by the Dean of Studies, Prof. Thesmann, in room W1.5.02
- 01.10.18, you are cordially invited to be welcomed by the Rector of the University of Pforzheim, Prof. Dr. Jautz, from 11:00 - 12:30 in the Audimax
- October 3rd is the day of the German reunion and thus the most important day off for the entire country. On 3 October 1990 the Unification Treaty came into force, with which the former GDR joined the Federal Republic - thus overcoming the division of Germany after 45 years. East and West Germany have been united again this year for 27 years. Since then, an entire generation has grown up without memories of the Division.
- 04.10.2018 the lectures for the first-semester students at the Faculty of Business and Law will start. This link takes you to the timetable (LSF) overview. You can find out how our timetable works in the document / Introduction_LSF_2016_v1.1_english/ Access to the course catalogue (LSF)
subject to alterations
Here is a tabular overview of the mandatory courses and events before the regular start of lectures
|Kick-off international Students||W2.2.03|
|19.09.2018||from 09.00||Welcome by the Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Law, Prof. Dr. Cleff||Audimax|
|25.09.2018||13.00-13.30||German Placement Test - Students who already have German language skills||in front of W2.2.23|
|25.09.2018||16.00-18.00||Introduction to the examination and study regulations||W1.5.05|
|27.09.2018||13.30||Departure busses for guided tour through the city of Pforzheim -“Goldstadt Walk” ||Meeting Point: Bus stop ("Hochschule/Wildpark")|
|28.09.2018||08.30-18.00||business simulation game||W2.2.01/ W3.2.03|
|01.10.2018||11.00–12.30||Welcome by the Rector of Pforzheim University of Applied Sciences||Audimax|
|02.10.2018||from 13.45||Welcome of all DEM students by the Dean of Studies, Prof. Thesmann,||W1.5.02|
Public holiday- Day of the German Unity
|04.10.2018||Start of lectures for the first-semester students at the Faculty of Business and Law|
An informative application for an extension of the registration period must be submitted to the student department. This is only possible (for international applicants only) if you want to accept the study place, but there are still documents missing, for example from the health insurance company, or VISA issues.
If you are unsure, please contact our StudiCenter for further information.