Welcome to the study program Digital Enterprise Management (B.Sc.)
Here you will find some information about the start of your your studies at the Business School at Pforzheim University
The following mandatory courses take place before the regular lecture period.
The mandatory events are shown in bold type.
- 03.09.2018 at 09:00 o'clock: welcome for the international students who have no German language skills please come to the W2.2.03. All other students are also welcome.
- 04.09.2018 at 08:45 o'clock- End of September: The A1 German as a Foreign Language course (LAN1030) starts on Tuesday, 04.09.2018 at 08:45 am. If you do not have any knowledge of the German language, you must attend this course so that you can take the A2 course in WS 18.
- 19.09.2018, you are cordially invited to be welcomed by the Dean of the Faculty of Business and Law, Prof. Dr. Cleff, in the Audimax of the University of Pforzheim.
- 25.09.2018 at 13:00 o'clock: Students who already have German language skills (not the german native speakers), please come to room W2.2.02. The secretary of the study programme, Mrs. Schlosser, who will take the obligatory (written) German placement test with you, will meet you there. This test decides with which level you have to continue the German as a foreign language courses in the WS onwards. This placement test takes max. 30 minutes.
- 25.09.2018 16:00- ca. 18.00 o'clock: The introduction to the examination and study regulations will take place. Please come to room W1.5.05
- 27.09.2018 at 9:45 a.m. the colleagues from our ISP program will welcome you. Mrs. Schloßer will give you further useful information for your start of studies; an information package beforehand.
- You can also participate in the following:
09:45 at the reception desk
- students enrolling pick up the Information Package
10:00 am Welcome address
10:05 am Round of introductions - students
10:30 am Information on courses "German as a Foreign Language"
10:35 am Welcome address
- Student's Union Representatives (ASTA / GEMINI)
- You can also participate in the following:
- 13:30 you have the opportunity to take part in a guided tour of the city: Departure bus for guided tour through the city of Pforzheim - "Gold City Walk" Meeting Point: Bus stop ("Hochschule/Wildpark")
- 28.09.2018 from 08.30 to 18.00 o'clock: The obligatory business simulation game will take place. This is part of the SIC1030 module and takes place in rooms W2.2.01/ W3.2.03.
- 02.10.2018 from 13:45 o'clock all DEM students will be welcomed together by the Dean of Studies, Prof. Thesmann, in room W1.5.02
- 01.10.18, you are cordially invited to be welcomed by the Rector of the University of Pforzheim, Prof. Dr. Jautz, from 11:00 - 12:30 in the Audimax
- October 3rd is the day of the German reunion and thus the most important day off for the entire country. On 3 October 1990 the Unification Treaty came into force, with which the former GDR joined the Federal Republic - thus overcoming the division of Germany after 45 years. East and West Germany have been united again this year for 27 years. Since then, an entire generation has grown up without memories of the Division.
- 04.10.2018 the lectures for the first-semester students at the Faculty of Business and Law will start. This link takes you to the timetable (LSF) overview. You can find out how our timetable works in the document / Introduction_LSF_2016_v1.1_english/ Access to the course catalogue (LSF)
subject to alterations
Here is a tabular overview of the mandatory courses and events before the regular start of lecture. The mandatory events are shown in bold type.
|03.09.2018||from 09.00||Kick-off international Students- The A1 German as a Foreign Language course (LAN1030) starts on Tuesday, 04.09.2018 at 08:45 am. If you do not have any knowledge of the German language, you must attend this course so that you can take the A2 course in WS 18.||W2.2.03|
|19.09.2018||from 09.00||Welcome by the Dean of the Business School, Prof. Dr. Cleff||Audimax|
|25.09.2018||13.00-13.30||German Placement Test - Students who already have German language skills||in front of W2.2.02|
|25.09.2018||16.00-18.00||Introduction to the examination and study regulations||W1.5.05|
|27.09.2018||9:45 a.m.||The colleagues from our ISP program will welcome you. Mrs. Schloßer will give you further useful information for your start of studies; an information package beforehand.||Building W2, Room W2.3.15|
|27.09.2018||13.30||Departure busses for guided tour through the city of Pforzheim -“Goldstadt Walk” ||Meeting Point: Bus stop ("Hochschule/Wildpark")|
|28.09.2018||08.30-18.00||business simulation game||W2.2.01/ W3.2.03|
|01.10.2018||11.00–12.30||Welcome by the Rector of Pforzheim University of Applied Sciences||Audimax|
|02.10.2018||from 13.45||Welcome of all DEM students by the Dean of Studies, Prof. Thesmann,||W1.5.02|
|03.10.2018||Public holiday- Day of the German Unity|
|04.10.2018||Start of lectures for the first-semester students at the Faculty of Business and Law|
If you are unsure, please contact our StudiCenter for further information.